Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Read this backwards

Okay Kiddies I'm ready to tell you about something that really urks me.  I'm sitting at home on Easter Sunday flipping through the channels and I see something that grabs my attention.  Its a reporter standing in front of a protest and its not an occupy wall street thing.  These people are actually protesting music and entertainment again.  Its like I traveled back to the nineties or something.  More specifically they were protesting Heavy Metal, which is by far my favorite type of music.  So I decided I had something to say about all of this.  I want to to talk to you about the link between Christianity and this so called devil music.  First of all I wish people would find something else to do rather than hate on someone that worked hard on his art form and found a way make a profit from it.  And believe me those people are only mad because they cant express themselves and get paid for it.  Christians and headbangers, I hate that these two communities can't seem to get along because  both are important in my life.  Its like when you two best friends are fight and you feel like you have to choose one or the other.  Well I'm not.  I think that the reason for all of this B.S. is that for the most part neither one understands the other.  That's right I think most headbangers don't understand Christians just as much as Christians don't understand this music.  Maybe both are equally scared of each other?  I could understand if you were forty years old and brought up in church by your parents your whole life.  Then all the sudden Junior walks in with Marilyn Manson tickets and your world shifts slightly.  I get it.  But, I don't think those people understand that this music doesn't stand against God or spirituality.  In fact in most cases the songs that they hear and get offended by are the ones that are simply asking for an answer.  They don't understand that a lot of us weren't brought up in Church and we don't understand organized religion.  All we know is we go to church to gain knowledge about our God and some preacher passes the offering plate around five or six times.  To us this is the same thing as junior walking in with those tickets.  I only know that today is much different than it was when I was growing up.  Today you have bands out there taking the time to give a positive message instead of just trying to shock the audience.  Don't get me wrong I love all those bands that try to scare the crap out of me.  But, we needed a voice one that everyone would listen to.  I know this may have been badly written and maybe I should say a lot more on this subject, and I will.  I guess my main goal was to get those of you that read this to be a little more tolerant.  This is 2012 and we still have people fighting over entertainment.  Get real man.  I also want to point out that there are Churches out there that aren't scared of music just because its loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment