Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Music of White Zombie



         White Zombie


This last week end a ton of old music hit the streets like it was brand new again.  I love it.  Probably my favorite of all of these was an album by a little band called White Zombie.  The album is La Sexorcisto :Devil  music volume one.  This was probably my favorite album as a kid.  I have bought this album at least five times.  It was one of the first cds I bought and probably the last.  And now I can buy it again.  You know how everyone has that one record that they say changed their life.  Well, for me this is it.  I had never heard anything like it.  I listened to it until it wouldn't play anymore.  Thats how I lost my first copy.

The album was released in 1992.  Unfortunately I didn't buy until around 1994. (the first time)

The record is full of audio samples from older horror flicks like the original Texas chainsaw massacre, Night of the living dead and the Exorcist.  Just to name a few.
Some songs on the cd were made to sound like they were being played on vinyl anyway.  So I could imagine what it sounds like on real vinyl.


Track Listing:
1. Welcome To Planet Motherfucker / Psychoholic Slag
2. Knuckle Duster (Radio 1-A)
3. Thunder Kiss '65
4. Black Sunshine
5. Soul-Crusher
6. Cosmic Monsters Inc.
7. Spiderbaby (Yeah-Yeah-Yeah)
8. I Am Legend
9. Knuckle Duster (Radio 2-B)
10. Thrust!
11. One Big Crunch
12. Grindhouse (A Go-Go)
13. Starface

No comments:

Post a Comment